Everybody has their own way of relaxing. While some have fun escaping for a few hours into a book of their choice while others find fun in engaging in a sport. If your break comes from trekking then Bangalore is one of the best places near which you will find numerous trekking routes!
Well, if you are interested in trekking in Bangalore, then you will never run out of options. Surrounded by lovely trekking routes nearby along with a pleasant weather throughout the year, trekking here is fun! Here are some of the treks that are lined up near this city that you can try out:
- Munnar Trekking and Camping – Women Only: If you are up for some all-girls trekking fun, then this is an event that you can take part in. This weekend trek will focus on the trekking route of Munnar which a beauty that ought to be explored. With a night camping planned beside the river and lovely waterfalls to adorn the entire route, this is one thing that you can ditch your other weekend plans for!
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 – Mon, 26 Jun 2017
Where: Munnar (WildXcape), Bangalore
Price per person: Rs3850
- Sakleshpur Cycling Expedition: Experience a trek with a twist near Bangalore where you get to the cycle to the various interesting points that this route has in store for you.
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 – Sun, 25 Jun 2017
Time: 6:00AM (of the starting date) – 10:00PM (of the ending date)
Where: Sakleshpur (Outside Bangalore) –Sakleshpur
Price: Rs4500 per person
- Kodachadri Trek: If you are fond of trekking near waterfalls then this trek has been structured for you. Located in the Shimoga district this a climb to this mountain peak, surely promises to be a delightful way to spend the weekend.
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017- Sun, 2 Jul 2017
Time: 7 PM (of the starting date) – 10PM (of the ending date)
Where: Kodachadri (Outside Bangalore), Bangalore
Price: Rs3099 per person
- BallalarayanaDurga Fort Trek – Monsoon Misty Mountains Special: It is a completely different kind of experience trekking near Bangalore when the rains hit this region. This trek will take you up to the BallalarayanaDurga fort which had been built by the kings of some of the most powerful kingdoms of the Deccan. The ruins of the fort still speak of the lost glory and should be explored.
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017- Sun, 9 Jul 2017
Time: 9:30PM (of the starting date) – 10:00PM (of the ending date)
Where: BallalarayanaDurga Fort (Outside Bangalore), Bangalore
Price: Rs3400 per ticket
- Yana Cave Expedition with NPN-12: This one promises to an interesting trekking expedition. Nestled in the Sahyadri Range in the Western Ghats are some really cool rock formations that form shelters and caves. This weekend long expedition seeks to explore these beautiful rock formations and also to take a break from all the hard work that you put in throughout the week.
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 – Sun, 6 Aug 2017
Time: 7:30PM(start time), 10:00PM(ending time on Sunday)
Where: Yana Cave (Outside Bangalore), Bangalore
Price: Rs3000 onwards per person